It's a Tale of Two Moms this Mother's Day--the second edition! This time, read Tricia's suggestions for Mother's Day gifts:

May is like a second Christmas for me because it's my birthday, Mother's Day, and almost my wedding anniversary. So you can be sure that I have been surfing for gift ideas! Here are some of my top suggestions this year based on past experience as well as new trends:

Mrs. Prindables -- If you haven't seen my video blog about Mrs. Prindables, you have no idea what you are missing. Caramel, chocolate, nuts...and a healthy green apple buried somewhere in there. Choose from a single special apple to a variety package. If you are lucky, mom might even share with you (but don't count on it!).

Sephora -- I'm a Sephora girl. A gift card is perfect for anyone, but if you know a little bit about what mom likes, you can get more specific. The Best of Sephora package is a great value ($96 worth of products for $65) and has a nice variety of items that are universal favorites at Sephora. You also can't go wrong with a set of Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath. A sassy mom would appreciate the Cocktail Party set (Margarita, Mimosa, and Daiquiri). A more traditional mom might like the Just Because set (Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate).

1-800-FLORALS -- I'm a sucker for flowers. I know that not every mom is. But when they drive up with that big bouquet with my name on it, I can't help but get excited. I love that 1-800-FLORALS uses local companies to deliver my flowers. Every mom deserves flowers at least once on Mother's Day. Go traditional with roses or get creative with a bright spring assortment.

PajamaGram -- One of my favorite gifts ever came from PajamaGram. And it wasn't just the pajamas themselves (although they have been washing up nicely for over a year). It was how special the whole gift came packaged--a big reusable box, a door sign, and a scented sachet. With a wide selection of gown, shorts, and pants, you'll find something for every mom. And don't forget the robe!

Time -- Ah, the gift of time. No, I'm not talking about a Sunshine Rewards merchant. I'm talking about the seconds, minutes, hours on Mother's Day where you create a memory for years to come. Whether mom needs an afternoon with the family or a few hours to herself to curl up with a good book, don't forget that time is the most precious of gifts this Mother's Day.

No comments: